Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Valtari Mystery Film Experiment

I always love to listen to music when I paint. Recently while listening to Sigur Ros, I stumbled across their  Valtari Mystery Film Experiment. In their words....
 'Sigur rós have given a dozen film makers the same modest budget and asked them to create whatever comes into their head when they listen to songs from the band's new album valtari. the idea is to bypass the usual artistic approval process and allow people utmost creative freedom'
What a brilliant idea!
Short film making, always fascinates me. One day I will get around to having a go. ;)  Anyway I thought you might like to see.  Below are my two favourites. Gorgeous music by Sigur Ros from their new album (there is a link to buy on my side bar)  and magical films. Beautiful, poetic, touching, sad....
                 
Sigur Rós - Ekki múkk from Sigur Rós Valtari Mystery Films on Vimeo.

                 
Sigur Rós - Varúð from Sigur Rós Valtari Mystery Films on Vimeo.

5 comments:

  1. I am crying........just so beautiful.
    Thank you
    Pixie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo touched by this Karen, thank you for sharing with us all....
    Love Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh forgot to say Karen, that I have treated my self to this beautiful album as soo very haunting!
      Thank you once again..

      Delete
  3. Films are magnificent! They are so sad and touching.I really love these shorts movies. This second film reminded me of Russian animator Ivan Ivanov Vano. He directed the wonderful animated film "Seasons". I hope that you would liked it. Here is the link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG-FziMRum0&feature=plcp
    In the background you can hear the beautiful music of Tchaikovsky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite band in the world, Karen. I didn't expect to, but I got to see them this summer. Last time I saw them was about ten years ago. They are truly incredible live, if you ever get the chance.
    I absolutely love this series. I can't say which is my favourite, they are all so beautiful, but I was blown away by the one for Fjogur Píanó. Brutal but beautiful, and sad.
    Have you listened to Jónsi's solo album at all, Go? It's our favourite going-to-school music in the car. And it was given new meaning after we watched We Bought A Zoo, now my 9yr olds favourite film, and watched countless times.
    I imagine you've seen it, it seems right up your street? :-)

    I see Ólafur Arnalds on your playlist too. But I better go now, or I'll never leave.... :-D
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much you for leaving me a comment.
It's great to hear from you! :-)